I've been fascinated by delta bot printers since I saw the first videos of a Rostock. I also seem to enjoy making 3d printers as much as printing with them so I've decided to build a metric version of the Cerberus1.
The original Cerberus uses 1.5inch square aluminium extrusions, 8020 1515lite, which aren't readily available in the UK so I've decided to make a metric version based around 40mm square extrusions from KJN, ITM02633:
Four of the Cerberus printed parts need to fit the extrusion profile so these need to be re-designed to fit. I've created openscad models for the Outer Brace Bottom Bracket, Outer Brace Upper Bracket, and Upper Idler Adjuster Body and pushed them to github. I still need to modify the Tripod Brace Bottom part but hopefully I'll get that done in the next few days. I'm hoping that the dual 623 bearing carriage will have enough slack that it will fit without remodelling but this might be too optimistic.
I've printed a few test parts to make sure they fit nicely on the extrusions:
When the quarter of a mile of filament arrives from faberdashery, I'll start printing the substantial amount of parts.
- I actually plan to build two printers - one for me and one for the excellent So Make It maker space in Southampton.